Amy R. Wheatley
Amy grew up in Newburgh, Indiana, a small town just outside of Evansville. She attended college at the University of Southern Indiana, studying broadcast journalism. While in school, Amy worked full-time as a television news producer, conceiving the morning show format for one of Evansville’s local television stations. After graduation, she moved to Kansas City, Missouri, where she produced the number one rated morning show in Kansas City, all while she was attending law school part-time.
When she graduated from law school, Amy moved to Louisville to be closer to her family. There she worked for two years as a public defender, representing indigent criminal and family court clients in Jefferson County, Kentucky. Amy then entered the civil arena, working as a litigator for insurance defense firms for nearly five years. Her knowledge of the defense perspective is now an invaluable tool in her representation of personal injury clients.
In addition to being a busy attorney, Amy has an active family life. She and her husband, Craig, live in Jeffersonville with their two children – a son, Rex, and a daughter, Nola.
Honors and Awards
- Southern Indiana Business Source Top 20 Under 40,
- Leadership Southern Indiana, 2012
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 10
Best Attorneys in Indiana, 2018
- Professional Associations and Memberships
- Floyd County Bar Association, President, 2013 – 2016
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury- Plaintiff
- Criminal Defense
- Social Security Disability
- Indiana, 2005
- Kentucky, 2001
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2003
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2003
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
J.D. – 2000
University of Southern Indiana, Evansville
B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 1995
Talk to a Reputable Attorney Today!
If you have further questions about the legal process or the options available to you, we encourage you to schedule a consultation at our firm.